Okay, here’s the final part of the Author Favorites series. I want to take a minute to thank the following authors for playing twenty questions with me and giving visitors a glimpse at who you are and what you like: Amber Skyze, Azure Boone, Becca Jameson, Cassandra Carr, Elizabeth Finn, Emilia Mancini, Emma Lai, Gray Peterson, Jami Davenport, Jessica Freely, Jessica Jordan, Kerry Freeman, Lex Valentine, Lynn Lorenz, M.C. Hana, Madeleine Ribbon, Nona Raines, Parker Kincade, Pippa Jay, Qwillia Rain, Rachell Nichole, Robin Danner, Rosanna Leo, Tara Lain, Viki Lyn, Vristen Pierce, and W.M. Kirkland. Thank you!
Now, there’s more than one medium in the arts and entertainment industry, and we writers have our opinions about music and dance. In conclusion, let’s find out what these authors think about these other arts.
16. What’s your favorite genre of music?depends on mood…country rock, heavy metal, acid rock, classical, swing (especially Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller), hammered dulcimer, digiradoos, Andean pipes, and many movie sound tracks. – Qwillia Rain Website: http://www.authorqwilliarain.com/ Blog: http://authorqwilliarain.blogspot.com/ Classical – Rosanna Leo Blog: http://www.rosannaleo.blogspot.com/ I love classical guitar — Villalobos – Tara Lain Website: http://www.taralain.com/ Blog: http://taralain.blogspot.com/ Almost anything. Moody music, instrumental soundtracks (specifically Hans Zimmer, Lisa Gerrard), I’m particularly fond of a folksy/zydeco/bluegrass group called the Benjy Davis Project, I really could go on and on and on with this one. There is truly no one genre that I love over another. – Elizabeth Finn Website/Blog: http://elizabethfinnfiction.com/ I’m an equal opportunity music lover. My iPod is filled with Rock, country, soul, blues, jazz, classical and new age…just to name a few. My favorite is whatever new CD I’m into – which is probably going to be Matchbox Twenty’s North CD by the time this hits the Internet. – Parker Kincade Website: http://www.parkerkincade.com Blog: http://www.parkerkincade.blogspot.com Country – Emma Lai Website: http://www.emmalaiwrites.com/ Blog: http://emmalaiwrites.blogspot.com I listen to a lot of jazz and soft rock. – Emilia Mancini Website: http://www.emiliamancini.com Vocal Jazz – Nona Raines Website: http://www.nonaraines.com Jazz or Country – Jami Davenport Website: http://www.jamidavenport.com/ Brazilian Lounge – Jessica Freely Website: http://jessicafreely.com/ Anything from the 60’s to the 90’s and current country – Lynn Lorenz Website: http://lynnlorenz.com/ 80’s – Cassandra Carr Website: http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com/ Blog: http://booksbycassandracarr.com/wordpress/ tie between classic rock and 80’s glam – Viki Lyn Website/Blog: http://www.vikilyn.com/ Dance – W.M. Kirkland Website: http://wmkirkland.com pop – Becca Jameson Website: http://beccajameson.com/ Classic rock – Azure Boone Website: http://motherfugnwriters.wordpress.com/ Pop – Rachell Nichole Website: http://www.RachellNichole.com Blog: http://www.DivasofDesire.blogspot.com Indie pop, though I’ll listen to anything other than rap and gospel. – Madeleine Ribbon Website: http://www.madeleineribbon.com/ Pop Rock – Robin Danner Website: http://robindanner.webs.com/ Right now it’s Americana/folk rock – Kerry Freeman Website: http://kerryfreeman.com/ I love so many, but my current favorites are progressive rock, blues, melodic electronica, and classical guitar. – M.C. Hana Blog: http://www.cranehanabooks.com/blog/ Rock – Amber Skyze Website: http://www.amberskyze.com/ Blog: http://amberskyze.blogspot.com/ Symphonic rock – Pippa Jay Blog: http://pippajay.blogspot.com/ Rock – Jessica Jordan Blog: http://marvelgirls.wordpress.com All, but rock may be my favorite. – Vristen Pierce Website: http://www.vristenpierce.com/ Rock/alt/metal – Lex Valentine Website: http://lexvalentine.com/ Blog: http://sunlightsucks.com/ Heavy metal. Everything else is bit tepid. – Gray Peterson Website/Blog: http://graypeterson.wordpress.com/
17. What’s your favorite song?Whatever – Amber Skyze “Angels On The Moon” by Thriving Ivory – Azure Boone “More than Words” – Extreme – Cassandra Carr All time favorite song is “Somebody Else” by the Benjy Davis Project from their Angie House album. – Elizabeth Finn Daddy’s Hands – Emma Lai “Symptom of the Universe” by Black Sabbath. – Gray Peterson “Live Like You Were Dyin’” – Jami Davenport “It’s Not Unusual,” sung by Tom Jones – Jessica Freely “Time to Say Goodbye” – Jessica Jordan “Lego House” by Ed Sheeran – Kerry Freeman “Lost in Paradise” by Evanescence – Lex Valentine Now – Stronger – Lynn Lorenz “Bravado” by Rush. – M.C. Hana Right now? “Sail” by AWOLNATION. Though that’ll change in a few weeks. It always does. – Madeleine Ribbon “It’s All Right” by The Traveling Wilburys – Nona Raines Right now, my favorite song is “Wipe Your Eyes” by Maroon 5. – Parker Kincade “Justify” by The Rasmus – Pippa Jay “If I only had a brain” (the Scarecrow’s song from Wizard of Oz) – Qwillia Rain “Don’t Take the Girl” by Tim McGraw – Rachell Nichole Currently I am in love with Jason Mraz’s “I Won’t Give Up” – Robin Danner “Laila” by Derek and the Dominos – Rosanna Leo Ridiculous. Big Yellow Taxi came to mind. The classic one by Joni Mitchell. I love Sting and The Beatles and Bob Dylan. I’m not old—just vintage. – Tara Lain This changes but right now: “Come Undone” by Duran Duran – Viki Lyn Currently, it’s “Lemme See” by Usher. It’s impossible for me to have a “favorite song ever”; I love way too many! – Vristen Pierce “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga – W.M. Kirkland
18. Who is your favorite singer or band?Godsmack – Amber Skyze Pink Floyd – Azure Boone Billy Joel – Becca Jameson Dave Matthews Band – Cassandra Carr I suppose Benjy Davis Project, but I’m a big fan of Damien Rice, Alexi Murdoch, and Sigur Ros. – Elizabeth Finn I listen to a lot of different types of music so picking a favorite is hard, but I have to say Barry Manilow (yes, I said Barry Manilow) can do no wrong. Nor can Storm Large or Bette Midler or Pink Martini. – Emilia Mancini Harry Connick, Jr. – Emma Lai The aforementioned Black Sabbath. – Gray Peterson Eagles – Jami Davenport The Eagles – Rosanna Leo Nightmares on Wax – Jessica Freely Adele – Jessica Jordan 3-way tie: Ed Sheeran, The Civil Wars, and Adele – Kerry Freeman Motley Crue – Lex Valentine Kelly Clarkson and Rascal Flatts – Lynn Lorenz At the moment, either Rush or Tangerine Dream. – M.C. Hana Our Lady Peace. Their first few albums are my favorite, ever. – Madeleine Ribbon Ella Fitzgerald – Nona Raines Rob Thomas/Matchbox Twenty. – Parker Kincade Lauri Ylonen, singer from The Rasmus – Pippa Jay Varies…Nickelback and Avenged Sevenfold right now – Qwillia Rain Maroon 5 – Rachell Nichole Otis Redding – Robin Danner Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga (I know, I know) – Tara Lain Lady Gaga – W.M. Kirkland Freddy Mercury *Queen* – Viki Lyn I love me some Tool. (Hehe) Maynard James Keenan is probably my favorite male singer. – Vristen Pierce
19. What’s your favorite music video?I can name four: E.T. by Katy Perry, In the Dark by DEV, The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails, and Evolution by Korn – Allie Ritch has to be House Of Flying Daggers Echo Dance video ASTONISHINGLY BEAUTIFUL – Azure Boone They still make those? – Cassandra Carr Do they actually still make these??? 😉 I really fell in love with Eminem and Rihanna’s video for Love the Way U Lie. – Elizabeth Finn Not really sure I know many music videos, but I’ll nominate Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. – Gray Peterson The Kill (Bury Me) by 30 Seconds to Mars – Jessica Jordan This one *heeheehee* – Kerry Freeman Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie – Lex Valentine Any Weird Al — White and Nerdy – Lynn Lorenz I haven’t watched a music video since 1987. – M.C. Hana I love just about any video OKGo puts out, though I think the big Rube Goldberg machine video for their song This Too Shall Pass is my favorite. – Madeleine Ribbon Oh god, how terrible, I don’t follow music videos at all! – Nona Raines I don’t really watch videos, so I’ll have to sit this one out. – Parker Kincade Nightwish – The Islander – Pippa Jay Celine Dion’s “It’s All Coming Back to me Now” – Rachell Nichole Katy Perry’s Wide Awake – Robin Danner “The Wild Boys” by Duran Duran – Rosanna Leo Seldom watch them – Tara Lain Don’t watch them – last video I saw was on YouTube – Chow Down. – Viki Lyn Hmm… If I had to choose, it would be something awesomely eighties like the video to “I Ran” by A Flock of Seagulls. – Vristen Pierce Born this way by Lady Gaga – W.M. Kirkland (Don’t watch them…but I like Thriller by Michael Jackson) – Qwillia Rain Thriller – Emma Lai Thriller – Jami Davenport
20. What’s your favorite dance or dance genre?I think it’s called Water Dancing, a type of Asian Ballet – Azure Boone Country – Becca Jameson Ballroom – Cassandra Carr I can’t dance at all… That said, I LOVE watching hip-hop and ballet. – Elizabeth Finn Crunk – Emma Lai Not really a dancer, unless shuffling-around-looking-embarrassed-until-the-song-ends is a new step. – Gray Peterson Disco – Jami Davenport Ballroom – Jessica Jordan Me? Dance? *looks at you like you’re nuts* – Kerry Freeman Ballet – Lex Valentine Folk dance to dance/ballroom to watch – Lynn Lorenz Swing. – M.C. Hana I love watching hip hop, especially popping and locking. Though krump is pretty amusing, too. – Madeleine Ribbon Ballroom dancing (watching it, I can’t dance for beans). – Nona Raines Any kind of Latin dance. I’m not ashamed to admit I dance to Ricky Martin and/or David Bisbal while I’m cooking or cleaning house. Now, there’s an image for you! – Parker Kincade freestyle street dance – Pippa Jay Anything that gets the heart pumping… – Qwillia Rain hip-hop – Rachell Nichole Boot Scootin Boogie…just kidding! I like contemporary! – Robin Danner Salsa – Rosanna Leo Ballet or contemporary – Tara Lain Modern dance – Viki Lyn I’m partial to Latin ballroom dances like the Rumba and the Cha Cha. I can’t do them—yet, but I love to watch others do them! – Vristen Pierce I don’t know. I just dance. – W.M. Kirkland
Thank you again to all the wonderful authors who participated in this blog series. It was fun to learn more about you all.
And that concludes the Author Favorites series.