SFR author Jessica E. Subject is back, and she’s sharing her favorite lines from her new release, Beyond Reach. She’s also holding a contest, so be sure to click the Rafflecopter link at the bottom of this post. Welcome, Jessica!
Abandoned by her parents…
Born on Earth, Nixie was left on the planet Schedar when her parents returned home. Growing up on the pleasure planet, she follows in the footsteps of the woman who raised her, and learns the art of erotic massage. But Nixie yearns for a different life, one where she receives as much pleasure as she gives.
A runaway prince…
In an attempt to escape his arranged marriage, Prince Mekai flees to Schedar. For, he could never love his betrothed when he already loves another, a fantasy woman who invades his dreams every night. When the woman he seeks carnal pleasure from turns out to be the same one in his fantasies, he believes fate brought them together.
Fated lovers or forever enemies?
Just when Nixie and Mekai believe they have a chance at happiness with each other, they find out why their races are at war, and why they can never be together.
FAVORITE LINES FROM BEYOND REACH
1) “I know he’s going to send me to Tenebrae.”
“He’s not going to send you to the prison colony.” No one had been sent there from Carbae, ever. The planet was simply used as an idle threat to misbehaving children.
2) “Some like to taste the forbidden fruit. It’s a very common fantasy here.” He shooed her away. “Now go home and rest. He wants you for the entire night.”
3) Walking into the silky rear-end of an uidiss, she came to an abrupt halt. The creature had been walking at a steady pace and then stopped. She’d failed to notice in time. Wiping fluff off her face, she turned around and walked into another hard body. “I’m so sorry.”
4) “So, what was it like growing up on the pleasure planet?”
“I…I don’t know. Normal?”
5) In a short period of time, she’d run into two men who’d haunted her nightmares and one who stirred unfamiliar desires in her. If she continued training as a Suavita, would her life be filled with never-ending heartache? Perhaps that’s why the Suavitas took the ipsum, to avoid these emotions. How would she ever get to sleep now?
6) She wouldn’t be accepted in his kingdom. She was Terran. Right now, he didn’t care. “I don’t want anyone else. I want you.” And he’d give her as much pleasure as she gave him, more even.
7) “I know you don’t like to discuss the circumstances of how you came to be in Cyresse’s care.” He brushed a hand through his hair. “But we figured you would one day want to go to Earth to find your parents and demand answers. And with you now a level Two—”
“No!” She stood up. Her heart raced. “I could care less about why my good-for-nothing parents abandoned me on a foreign planet while they f***ed around. They can rot on Tenebrae for all I care.”
8) He breathed in her scent: bimon, a citrusy fruit found on Ubetron. The fragrance suited her better than ipsum floating around the planet. Bimon was a marking of his own heritage, giving him hope she would travel home with him. But how had she washed away the ipsum when the drug flowed through the water? And where had she found the bimon? Exporting the fruit had been banned long ago. Had she found the scent for him, worn it to indicate her feelings for him? He glanced over at her, filled with optimism. “Nixie, I want to take you home with me. I want you to be my princess.”
9) Nixie went immobile under everyone’s inspection. Who did they think she was? Did they somehow know her real parents? Would she be forced to face them? Her heart hammered in her chest, and she licked her dry lips.
“Impossible.” Thornton circled her and Mekai. “I thought you were dead. If I would have known….”
10) Nixie began to fade in front of him as though becoming invisible. Her father was beaming her off the ship. Mekai lunged for her, but fell through the empty space, landing on his chin. He waited for the pain. Instead, a cold rush filled him and his vision wavered. One second he saw his parents kneeling in front of him, and the next, a white room. Completely empty.
EBOOK BUY LINKS:
BEYOND REACH TOUR CONTEST
In celebration of Jessica’s new release, she is hosting a contest.
What it up for grabs?
ONE winner will receive the following:
$10 e-gift to Amazon.com or Amazon.ca or AllRomanceeBooks.com
Signed print book of COSMIC DESIRES by Jessica E. Subject
E-book of Sinful Surrender by Houston Havens
E-book of Switched by Diane Burton
E-book by Kali Willows
E-book of Every Single Part of Me by London Saint James
E-book of The Hotter the Love by Lea Bronsen
E-book of Fighting For Honor by Kacey Hammell
Contest is international, except where prohibited by law. Must be 18 or older to enter. No substitutions will be made. Contest will close at the end of the day October 19, and winners will be notified by email. Good luck!
Raflecopter link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/a63a7d0a68/